Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dwarf artillery after dip...and Dwarfs with spears

Here are the Dwarf Cannons after the dip has dried, Matt spray applied and some highlighting done. A basic job really and not over done.


The Beer Barrels at the rear are from Renedra plastics in the UK.
The Dip gives them a bit of a dirty look which I really don't mind for a fantasy race who likes to dig lots of holes. I have included the Crew figures I have completed so far that still have a few glossy areas I need to Mattify (not even a real word I know).
Below is a Dwarf unit of 20 Bulwarkers. Spear and Shield armed Dwarves. They are based on 2 Warbases.UK Kings of war bases with 9 hole slots.


The very cool old dwarf style rock carving is from Scibor miniatures in Poland. I think it was in a Celtic rocks base bits blister. It adds a bit of interesting detail and perhaps goes back to when the Drinkemall Clan had better times. The smaller rocks are from my yard. I like the way this unit turned out. Instead of dark gloves and boots it was better to paint them in browns. The dip method seemed to end up looking better as a result.

Cheers from Brendon (The Kiwi)

4 comments:

  1. Nice work!
    The dip really works great on this unit - and some lovely Details on the base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton of these guys to paint up myself for an older Ottoman Dwarf from these guys. I like how you painted them up, and will have to look into those regiment bases also. They seem to fit the bill quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the painting, but I just cant find any love for those figures all I see is He-man's Ram-man. I do think you are going to have a stunning looking army though.
    Peace James
    Exiles Painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the positive feed back all. Dam it! Now I have He-man images stuck in my head! It may take me a while to shake that off.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete