Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blast from the past.

Many years ago I used to play this game called Warhammer 40,000. You may have heard of it. I collected, built and painted a Traitor Imperial Guard army (The Lost and the Damned) but it also doubled as a regular Imperial Guard army. I was attracted to The Lost and the Damned because it had Mutants as a unit option. I like mutants and, have liked them since seeing them in all sorts of varieties in a comic I used to read in the 1980s. Judge Dredd and his encounters with the Atomic wasteland known as The Cursed Earth was the place to see mutants. The Cursed Earth was basically any place in the future USA that was not a walled mega-city. Anyway I found this old digital photo I captured years ago. I went to a bit of trouble with this one by sprinkling Northern Territory outback sand on black paper and including my home made crater pieces. That same sand I used as basing material and I liked the colour so much I didn't bother painting it. I may have some more pics that I took but this is one I stumbled across. The tanks of course had the mandatory chaos spikes added to give them that right 'Mad Max 2' look. It looks like the picture may have been taken by some sort of over head battle camera or satellite. It might be a good candidate image to trick up a bit in Photoshop or some such software. I don't play 40k no more and have no intentions of returning to that game.



























Anyway cheers for now from Brendon (The Kiwi).

No comments:

Post a Comment