Monday, November 30, 2015

Sixth Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.

You may have notice the lack of painting here and that will not change until The Sixth Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge starts. I have put myself down for a great big target of 1500 points of painted miniatures. It's a great challenge that is not about quality or who is the best painter. For me it's a true wargamer hobbyists motivator to get stuff done. It's a great way to blog progress on projects and a lot of fun as well. Down Under Summer is usually a time of getting out of the house more often than normal but I live in the far North so it can become bunker season. Heat, Humidity, Tropical Monsoons can mean spending more time inside with the Air-Con humming. Perhaps a good time spend painting for tabletop wargames.
This year the theme is a celebration of risk takers, daredevils and gamblers.
The bonus point rounds have the following titles.

January 3rd: Nostalgia

January 17th: Epic Fail

January 31st : Defensive Terrain

February 14th: L'amour

February 28th: Nautical

March 13th: Gambler/Risk-Taker

I am really not sure how many of those I will enter but I will let me creative brain walk around these themes and look at my collection to see if anything comes to mind.
Anyway for info go have a look here. It really is a great online community event with lots of banter and inspiration from each other. Thanks in advance to the organiser Curt who does an incredible job.

Cheers from Brendon



2 comments:

  1. Best of luck this year Brendon, it promises to be another fabulous event. I wasn't planning to enter as many of the theme rounds, but some of the topics are so wonderfully obscure that my brain has been dreaming up all sorts of possible scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I have a lot more stuff built beforehand this time round. Hopefully I get lots of it painted. cheers

      Delete