Friday, March 27, 2015

Mongols

This is the remaining 9 riders from a Fire Forge Mongol Cavalry box that I completed. I have conspired with a fellow gamer to get some more of these all the way from Italy. Eventually I aim to build enough for use in 'Lion Rampant'. As I have already said I really like how animated and full of action they look.
Rushed photography resulted in a variety of colour change. All photos are on the same coloured ground would you believe.







Google image search of Mongol horses supplied the inspiration for the patterns and colours below.


I made one standard bearer with a clenched fist in the air. Rocking out or giving the signal to ATTACK!



Cheers from BrendonW (The Kiwi)

10 comments:

  1. These are great, your choice of colours really tie them together

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking miniatures. I really like the subdued appearance provided by your choice of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Mongols, and a nice change for a "retinue" using Lion Rampant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very nice work. I love the different markings on the horses, they look quite exotic. The photo's are great too, the background is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most impressive Mongols, these horsemen of the Steppes are beaufiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. That's a very nice bunch of comments. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really beautiful models. The horses and faces are soothing, you've picked wonderful colors and applied them perfectly. They came out terrific.

    I really like all your 28mm work, the best. It would be a pleasure to have your Mongols massacre my Hungarians.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid looking minis, very beautifully painted and realistic. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete