Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Assembly and prep mania!

I did some good assembly and primer work before the last Paint Challenge and some of those a year later are still not painted so they might just get completed this time around. However after getting the Lion Rampant rules I purchased some Perry Plastic War of the Roses sets. One of each and together they will make a very nice army. I seem to be progressing at glacial speed at the moment though. Don't be fooled by the horde in the images below.
It's taken me an what feels like an Eon to get this far.
Looking forward to getting some paint on them though.
Crossbow unit with Pavise.

Knights. Mounted Knights that is.

Lets get the Band back together. YEAH! Rock out!

Ready for a flag to wave. Might change the raised sword arm on the left though.
Dreadball Robot team and a big dude. The clean up on these is a very big SUCK indeed!
Even though I joined the initial Dreadball kickstarter a long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away I have not painted a complete team or played a game. I was thinking these Robots though might make for a good Robot gang in Judge Dredds universe. I was also thinking that Dead Zone by Mantic might be a good place to use Dredd figures as proxies. I got a good stock of Judge Dredd figures when War & Peace had a half price sale so hopefully the Paint Challenge will see them through to completion. Hopefully variety will keep me motivated and stimulated.
Be sure to checkout the new location for the Paint Challenge. Some interesting side challenges starting to be thrown around.

Cheers from Brendon

12 comments:

  1. Aim high I say! Even if you only get half-way that's a good dent in the plastic mountain. I like the band too, I think my Dad might have one of their albums :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the new stuff is not as good as the old stuff :)
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. That is looking ever so like my painting table at the moment... so many knights and archers being prepped

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lot should keep you busy and nice variety with the robots at the end. Like you, I discovered some that I primed for last year's challenge, but not sure they will get done this year either as projects have gone in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing your Perry stuff painted up. I really should crack on with assembling mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin. They are quality plastics that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. It's a good thing you've the assembly bit out of the way on these as that chows up the time. I too wound up with figures not completed last year and they are sitting in what I refer to as my "box of shame"

    You'll speed up when the adrenaline of the first few days kicks in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I will get some paint on those unpainted but built tanks. I call it the 'Around to it' file. One day I will get around to doing it. :)
      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Very exciting stuff to paint. We're both going to paint some of the same crossbowmen. I hope mine turn out as well as I know yours will.

    1,000 points is alot, you must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Baconfat. yes, i agree. That's a lot of points but if I come up short I would still have painted a load of figures. Looking forward to seeing your crossbow dudes.

      Delete