First up some Foundry Viking figures I gave myself. Not cheap when they are exported to Australia but they look the part. Some of these have a mounted version that will get completed in the Challenge. Some of the bases also see the first time I have used Army Painter flowers. Tricky to use at first but I like the result.
I gave the female figure a plastic Gripping Beast shield as they look a little lighter than the very thick metal rimmed foundry Shields. I just thought it suited her better. My photo is a bit dodgy as it seems to have a contrast issue and it has bleached out the detail in the hair and beards. I was initially thinking brown for the furs but went down the gray path instead.
Next was a few unit command additions. Horn blowers and a flag waver. They should fit in with the rest of the plastic Vikings I have. The plastic Viking on the left was an interesting exercise is in dull colours. He has a head from the plastic warriors box.
The Banner is from the Gripping Beast plastic vikings box. I used it as a guide to painting it. It makes sure it is much brighter than the printed version.
Next is a few figures for different forces. from the left is a plastic warrior for some sort of Viking warrior priest idea. Next an Anglo-Saxon Army standard. I am not convinced about repeating the banner design on the shield. His arms are actually from a Fireforge plastic set. Small crossbow reloading dude is a Perry metal figure and next to him is a converted Conquest plastic. Last is another Perry metal crossbow figure.
I have been very busy prepping figures for the Challenge. It has been great motivation so far with all my Foundry Cowboys now cleaned up and based (2 blisters worth). I got them a while back when a friend got a hold of 'Dead Mans Hand'. I haven't played it yet. It was just a coincidence that a western movie figure is the entry requirement.
Cheers from Brendon (The Kiwi)