Thursday, April 4, 2013

It made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs

The Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 made an appearance at my local club recently. A fellow gamer gave me the chance to take it for a test drive. Unfortunately I managed to wreck it. These relatively new toys for the Star Wars X -Wing game look superb but be warned....the bases are HUGE by comparison to what we have seen so far. This created it's own problems that I encountered. They are a lot easier to accidentally or otherwise cross the path of an asteroid or bump into another ship. However the huge base also means they leap forward far more quicker than regular fighters. My game play at this game is poor so far. I haven't played many games and that's my excuse and I am sticking to it. We played 100 points and I should have taken X-wings over Y-Wings in retrospect. I should have also considered blasting Tie Fighters initially with the Falcon instead of attempting to hit Slave 1 at every possible opportunity. Even though the Falcon started with 5 shields making him a regular tank the hits stacked on and I was soon ended.



Only 1 answer.....more games required. It's a fun game. I should probably get a starter set at some stage.

Cheers from The Kiwi (Brendon)

1 comment: