Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My competition entry

War and Peace Games, an Australian web seller of all things War Gaming have a competition at the moment to win some credit to spend. That would be great wouldn't it, but I probably face some stiff competition no doubt. The ccategories are Space Marine (figure or vehicle) and Bolt Action WW2 28mm (figure or vehicle). I don't have any 28mm WW2 in my collection but I do have some Nurgle Chaos Space Marine toys from a few years back. It's been a long time since I looked at them and even longer since I played a game of Warhammer 40 billion. I have no intention of picking up that game again. It seemed to get more and more expensive and this was just one of the reason I lost interest. Below is my entry that I sent them. I had to dig around in my storage to find this Dreadnought. I recall getting a regular good guy space marine Dreadnought and having a lot of fun converting it. I chopped the legs off a Nurgle demon and blended him into the model. I like the way the 3 circle scab wounds turned out with a bit of oozy red gloss particularly on the banner.





































It's a gruesome beast especially with that Demons guts on display.

Cheers from Brendon (The Kiwi)






4 comments:

  1. Very nice, in a nauseating sort of way... Good luck! I'm working on a 28mm Tommy for the comp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dux and good luck to you. If I had any 28mm WWII I would certainly enter it.

    ReplyDelete