Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fun with Soviets

A few weeks back I was challenged to a 2,000point midwar Flames of War game. I wasn't sure what to take but I wanted a fairly simple list. Something with less variation so it's a lot easier to remember any special rules and so on. I settled on a Soviet Guards Heavy Tank company from East Front with KV-85 tanks. It's a list I have not used all that often as well...perhaps never. It's been a while since I used some of my Soviet collection as well. With a massive 2,000 points to spend I took the crazyness to it's limit I think and included a HUGE platoon of Soviet Infantry with all the bells and whistles. I think I needed a movement tray for so many teams. When the very first morale check for the Fearless Infantry to unpin took place they failed so....re-roll from the Kommisar....POP the infantry take offence to his Politial ravings and make him disappear. Hilarous! I think it was my first casualty and a self inflicted oned at that. I was up against a Tiger list and mostly due to Reserves 2 Tigers turned up too far away to stop a Soviet Steam Roller victory. The infantry swarm was like a Biblical locust plague.
I didn't have a camera handy for the game but here are some pis of the horde of doom.
Cheers from The Kiwi.






















The tanks look a little naked without any markings and they look a little dark as well. So I will put them down for a future project. Add some sort of markings and perhaps some brighter green on them might do the trick.

1 comment: