Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Valkyrie and Norn

During the Analogue Painting challenge bonus points can be gained during fortnightly theme challenges. Here is my response for the Myth theme challenge. I thought this Valkyrie and Norn in my great unpainted mountain would fit the theme.
I actually got these prior to the previous challenge along with a giant wolf but only managed to get the wolf completed last time. I did not want to go with the traditional blue and white on the Valkyrie so went for a bright green and white instead. I even made the wings on the helmet black instead of white (raven wings perhaps). The white hood for the Norn will really mark her out on any table. The large cape on the larger Valkyrie is of course the perfect opportunity to paint some sort of detailed design. I also made her a big epic base to stand on. The Valkyrie is not the most practical of miniatures with the spear easily bent if not handled carefully. The Valkyrie came with a large shield but I decided it covers a lot of nice detail so left it off. I did think about placing it on the base sort of at her feet. As usual these photos don't quite capture the real colours but you get the idea.
A Norn is one of 3 who can severe and weave thread controlling the fates of Gods and Mortals. That's why she has shears and a thread on her.
These metal miniatures are produced by North Star from the.... of Gods and Mortals range.
Go have a gander at other entries here and you can even vote for your favourite for a limited time.
Cheers from Brendon





Fate pays a visit to the field of battle.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice paint work, and the basing is superb. They both certainly have the look of an angry woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, Brendon.
    One of my favourites in this round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work. I like the freehand design on the cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Brendon. One of the best entries this round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this Brendon, the work on the cloak is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody for the comments. Makes me very happy that it is going down so well. cheers

    ReplyDelete