Tuesday, October 18, 2011

American Heavy Self Propelled Artilery.

Recently I completed this box set. M12 155mm GMC battery. I haven't completed the Jeep or the loading gun crew that came with the box so far. The box comes with figures that are made by a different sculpture artist than the previous US figures made by Battlefront that I have painted. I can't say that I thought they are as good as the ones I completed a little while back. The radio operator has a Helmet that looks a bit large and odd but these detail concerns go away very quickly once the dice start rolling around. I am still yet to make a company with the US forces I have so far so they haven't seen a games table yet. I also recently acquired some map decal from Model Dads. They are really cool and I highly recommend them. As you can see below I applied them to the Staff Team from the 155mm SPG set and also to the Staff team from the Arty HQ blister that I managed to complete. They will form the staff, Observer and Command Team for my Priest battery. I am in the process of completing 3 more Priests for that platoon. I really dig making the Priests for some reason.

At my local games club I said what was up with the staff team tables in the 40s? All forces seem to have the same design. I was told that it turns out IKEA had them all on special sale price. :)


5 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the artillery but the maps are excellent, details like that make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Fran, absolutly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks fellas. I need to upgrade all my old Staff Team IKEA tables with the Model Dads maps. They really add a hit of detail to the base.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks fellas. I need to upgrade all my old Staff Team IKEA tables with the Model Dads maps. They really add a hit of detail to the base.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look awesome great attention to detail

    ReplyDelete