This week I completed three Priests which make a good start to adding some Artillery to my American Flames of War options. I had 1 blister in my 'round to it' box that I purchased a while back and my local supplier (Comics NT) just happend to have 2 more when I went and had looksee last weekend. These 2 happened to have the Plastic tracks and the old blister, metal ones. I actually really like the plastic tracks and .50cal MG over the old metal parts. I intend to get 3 more Piests to give me the option for the full sized platoon eventually of course. I normally like to paint an entire platon at the same time but as 3 can be used I just got stuck into these models. It was a good chance also to try out painting US uniforms for the first time. Something I was keen to try.
Brevet, drum and tracks are Battlefront and the larger roll I made from milliput. Most historic images show Priests with LOTS of stowage.
One of my dilemas was how to place any allied stars. I usually (but not always) try and find an historical refrence for this and it turns out that you have many options. No Stars, 1 star on the front or sides, small, big, circled or non circled or even roughly painted out with black paint. Lots of options.
Concord Armour at War series for reference and inspiration. They have colour side views in them as well as loads of old photos.