Monday, February 25, 2019

Arab infantry at the double

By at the double I mean more 'double ups' with two to each 25mm base. Gripping Beast plastic Arabs. All with hand painted shields. I am very pleased with the shields. These are for two different unit types. Spear armed unit and a Sword armed unit. One base has a sword and spear (unit leader waving the sword). His arms are actually from the Arab Heavy Cavalry set with shoulder armour. The body came with the shield arm so that had to be cut away to create this option. The curved sword arm is also from that set. The red Arab with the low sword is an arm from the Dark Ages infantry box also from Gripping Beast.
I challenged myself to try going much brighter in colours for the four figures on your right with swords. For the first time in a very long time I actually reached for pure white paint. A tricky colour to work with. In my mind I see a sword armed unit as perhaps a bit more regal than the rest so having some brighter colours may help them stand out a little against the spear armed infantry but only a little as this army is very colourful which is really it's uniform so to speak.


 







Cheers from Brendon

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work, colours are great and the shields really nice 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, those shields are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. The shields are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking figures - the shields designs are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them double on the base, it really gives a sense of rushing towards you with menaces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these, very colourful and the shields are great.

    ReplyDelete